9:15 AM – 10:45 AM
The language used in the descriptions reflects the language of the sessions.
This presentation will feature three different approaches to running your own private speech-language pathology practice in a panel format.
- Getting started: Is Private Practice for you?
- Considerations for growth
- Marketing and social media
- Networking and building relationships in the community
- Tips for running an efficient business: scheduling, cancellations and no shows
- Use of assistants and volunteers
- Costs (e.g., becoming incorporated, legal fees, other overhead)
- Documentation and file retention
- Treatment considerations
- Where to get support
Following the panel presentation, there will be a question period to support participants in developing a greater understanding of private practice.